Sophim offers expertise in Squalane
Squalane C30H62 is a molecule that reproduces the ability of the epidermis to repair and hydrate itself thanks to the activity of sebum. It is an organic emollient and protective agent, appreciated on the cosmetic market for its great properties and its well-known benefits for the skin. It also offers many qualities for dermocosmetics, according to Sophim, who sources olive squalane.
The company’s product line includes:
• Phytosqualan, natural vegetable squalane very powerful natural emollient;
• Biophytosebum, a natural active emollient 100% of natural plant origin;
• Phytowax, a range of natural waxes with unique sensory properties;
• Insapolive, unsaponifiable olive rich in squalene;
• Vegeline, a 100% vegetable texturizing emollient;
• MC30 / MC300, multi-functional hydrogenated polyisobutene oil base; and
• Oils and butters.
According to the company, fractional distillation allows Sophim to refine its purification steps to achieve higher purity squalene.
In 2021, Sophim announces that it will invest more in its operations with plans to acquire new equipment to boost its production.
In addition, Sophim is participating in IRODDI, a project funded by the Bio-Based Industries Joint Undertaking (BBI JU) under the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation program (Grant Agreement No 887407) . The main objective of this project is to enhance the waste streams from the deodorization process of refining vegetable oils, the company said.
More info: www.sophim.com